Winnie has experience working with a broad clientele including:
- Children, adolescents and adults diagnosed with ASD
- Adults who have an autistic tendency
- Couples where one or both have ASD
- Parents of children with ASD
- Siblings of individuals with ASD
- Children of individuals with ASD
- Anyone who may benefit from psychological intervention.
Note: You DO NOT need a diagnosis of ASD to access services provided by Winnie.
Winnie can assist with challenges commonly faced by people with ASD and their loved ones. These include:
- Emotional disturbances (anxiety, depression, anger, grief, guilt)
- Poor interpersonal skills
- Confusion with concept of self
- Executive functioning difficulties
- School refusal
- Obsessive behaviours
- Extreme perfectionism
- Couple relationship
- Parenting stress
- Family discord.
The following are common approaches Winnie draws from:
- Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
- Social Skills Training
- Affective Education
- Individual Education Plan
- Schema Therapy
- Couple Counselling
- Parenting Training
- Grief Counselling
- Career Advice
All services except group programs can be delivered via Skype for clients who are unable to attend the clinic in person. Please note that Medicare rebates are not eligible for services received via Skype.
Winnie conducts school/home visits where necessary.