Winnie can conduct diagnostic assessments for Autism Spectrum Disorders in children, adolescents and adults. For those who have already received a diagnosis, a review assessment can be provided to determine progress and needs for intervention. Usually an assessment is conducted over a two-hour appointment.
The assessment process can involve:
- Completion of standardised questionnaires by the individual/parent(s)/partner/teacher(s) prior to the interview
- Interview with the individual and parent(s)/partner
- Observation in natural settings (preschool, school) where possible
- Explanation of the assessment outcomes, including an opportunity for questioning and clarification
- Developing an intervention plan and follow-up, where necessary
- A comprehensive written report within one month of the assessment date.
Individuals referred by a GP, Paediatrician or Psychiatrist can access a rebate through Medicare (refer to the Rebates section for details).